38 blocks are squared up.
Laid out, sewn together and neatly pressed to make 5 rows of funky feathers. Those rows are about 72″ long, this is a very huge quilt.
I went ahead and bought the 5 remaining yards not sure how I was going to add in another 1/2 yard of fabric. Once I was home and laid everything out on my floor I realized that I may have just “painted myself into a corner”. I had to walk away for a full 2 days before I could look at it again, I was that aggravated. Finally, after tearing thru my fabric stash and much creative cursing, I found a few coordinating strips of fabric from an old Moda jelly roll.
I was hesitant to cut my backing seeing as it was already short, but I did it anyways and in the end it was the smartest move I could have made. Not only did it give me enough length to complete the backing, but it added another mod feature to the normally “boring” back of the quilt.